Recipe via Food 52
- 2 tins of sardines in olive oil, drained
- 2 avocados, split, pit removed and sliced into rounds
- 4 large radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh chives, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 2 lemons
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch of water cress (4-6 cups)
- Carefully remove the sardines with a fork from the can. The idea is to keep them whole. Place then into a shallow flat container and squeeze the juice half a lemon over them. Sprinkle them with half the parsley and 1 teaspoon of chives. Season them with a pinch of pepper and salt. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- While they are sitting attractively place the avocado into bowls. Now place 4 to 6 sardines into each bowl and then scatter the radishes over the top. Tuck in small bunches of cress. Garnish with remaining chives and parsley. Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice and some more olive oil. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 225 calories, 19g total fat* (3g saturated, 9g monounsaturated, 2g polyunsaturated), 13g carbohydrates (8g fiber, 2g sugar), 18mg cholesterol, 10g protein, 325 mg sodium, 610mg potassium, Vitamin A 37%, Vitamin C 120%, Calcium 16%, Iron 7%
*total fat will be less if sardines are drained