Recipe from the Food Network
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 pound unsalted butter, such as KerryGold brand (1/2 stick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 shucked oysters, shells reserved
- Combine everything but the oysters in a saucepan. Let sauce ingredients simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Place each oyster back in its shell. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of sauce onto each oyster and place in a covered BBQ kettle to cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts per serving*: 345 calories, 27g total fat (7g saturated, 17g monounsaturated, 3g polyunsaturated), 5g carbohydrates ( 1g fiber, 1g sugar), 45 mg cholesterol, 5 g protein, 60mg sodium, 155 mg potassium, Vitamin A 21%, Vitamin C 33%, Calcium 2%, Iron 17%
*All nutrients will be slightly decreased / fewer as sauce will cook down.